Week 4 – Spread the Word

On Miss W.‘s Week 4: Make it global post, students around the world are encouraged to participate in sharing global issues during Week 4 of the Student Blogging Challenge.

In Congo, About 5.4 million people have died since 1998 as a result of war.

Yet, translating the Word of God, also know as the Bible, into the 223 languages spoken in Congo can heal the trauma that war and suffering has forced upon these people. Currently, the Bible has been translated into 120 of the languages commonly used in Congo, making brighter the lives of many.

But, there are still approximately 103 languages left to translate the Bible into. If you can translate the Bible into a language of Congo, you can increase the amount of people whose lives have been brightened by the Word of God.

The Eastern Congo Group (ECG) has begun to translate the Bible into Congo’s languages. As wycliffe.org explains:

“For some years Eastern Congo Group (ECG) has considered starting a translation training program at the theological school in Bunia, Democratic Republic of Congo. ECG is now moving this initiative forward with the appointment of Rob McKee to help develop curriculum plans. Pray for guidance. A major question is the security situation—ethnic militias and armed bandits roam the surrounding countryside. A multinational force is working to restore peace, but is relatively small in number, and is facing huge challenges. ‘Only God can bring peace in a situation where there is so much hate, fear, revenge and evil. Pray!'”

Below is TRAUMA HEALING, a video that gives further explanation of mentally healing the people of Congo.

Thank you, Miss W. and Mrs. Kelly for inspiring my classmates and me to help others in need! 😀

Sources: Kouya Chronicle – The Bible and Hunger, Wycliffe – Home > Go > TestimoniesYoutube – TRAUMA HEALING

When will these horrific tragedies end?

3 thoughts on “Week 4 – Spread the Word

1. Hi Natalie,
    My name is Brooke Ladnier and I am a student in EDM310 at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I was deeply touched by your video. I attend a local church here in Grand Bay where I live(It’s about 30 miles south of Mobile) and we take part in mission work in Guatemala and El Salvador. I have been on 5 mission trips and I understand your passion to bring the word of God to people around the world. It can offer such healing to people, especially those who have been through warfare like the video described. I do have a question that maybe you can answer for me. In the video one of the men stated that the church was partially responsible for some of the killing that was done. Do you know what happened or why the church was involved? I am going to be commenting on your blog for the next 3 weeks so hopefully you will have some new posts for me to read! I really enjoyed this one. Keep up the good work.

2. Hello, Brooke!

I’m not sure why the church was involved in the killings. Maybe the townspeople upset the church and an effect was Christians being involved in killings. If that really did happen, it must have been a serious issue. Otherwise, the church would have left the townspeople alone.

Thank you for visiting my blog! 😀

– Natalie